Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blog Assignment # 13

Girl with Laptop

My Teacher is an App

In the article written by Stephanie Banchero and Stephanie Simon entitled My Teacher is An App, which was published by the Wall Street Journal, online K-12 school is discussed. There are many people who are for it and many who are against it. Those in favor of having online schooling like the idea of how it will save the school districts money. Those who are against it say that it is not a good idea to have the student educate themselves and it wouldn’t be a good educational experience for them if they are just sitting at home and have it at their own discretion if they want to go to school that day or not.

In my opinion, I think it’s a great idea, maybe not to have all of the student’s classes online but some or most of them. When I was in high school I wasn’t a big fan of school at all, but I liked the social aspect of school and being able to see my friends on a daily basis and having the ability to ask my teachers a question face-to-face if need be. I think that having a blend of online and in class school is the best idea and that it could save the school districts money also.

No comments:

Post a Comment