Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Assignment # 14

Mr. Picardo
       
       Jose Picardo's blog is full of useful tips on how to use technology in the classroom. He has so many wonderful ideas that I plan on using in my future classroom. In the video, titled "Top Ten Tips For Using Technology in the Classroom", he gives ten tips on different types of technology that can be used. These tips include things in which I am familiar with and things that I have never used before, but plan on learning how to use. 
      Some of the things that Mr. Picardo included that I am familiar with is the use of music, how to properly use a SmartBoard, creating a podcast, using a blog, and using social networks. Other things such as using Wikis, using gadgets such as phones and gadgets, and creating interactive online exercises. One of the things that I would like to learn more about is how to use a Wiki. Mr. Picardo said that by using a Wiki, as teachers, we could use it to showcase our students works and achievements. A Wiki is a website that you can create that is used to share information that can be edited and used collaboratively with other people in the online community. An example of using this could be if you wanted to know about the different traditions or holidays in the different countries, you could ask questions and people from all over the world are able to answer. I have always enjoyed learning how to use different types of technology, so I look forward to learning about all of these things. 

1 comment:

  1. Brooke,

    Sounds like you really liked Jose Picardo's blog and tips! I am glad you have found that you will be able to use some of them in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete