Sunday, October 2, 2011

C4K Summary Post

cartoon children in a row

       The C4K assignments are something that I have thoroughly enjoyed doing! I loved reading the different blogs and learning about each student.
       The first blog that I had the pleasure of reading was created by Emily. It was called "Emily's Glogster", it was about a book called "Maniac Magee." The post contained different sections that explained the different characters, plot, summary, and setting. In my comment that I left I told her that she did a very good job in organizing her post and summarizing the book. Also I told her that after reading her post that I would be recommending the book to my two younger brothers because they would love to read this type of story!
       The second blog that I was assigned to comment on was created by a child named Adam in Mrs. Kilgo's class. He wrote about how he would like to visit Disney World because he has never been before and has heard about how the rides are both scary and fun. In my comment I told him about my four favorite rides in the Magic Kingdom, including Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Peter Pan, and Splash Mountain. I also told him that I hope he gets to go soon!
       The third blog that I commented on was the St. Elmo Explorers. This blog is about a school that received iPads because of a generous donation from Lucy Buffett. This post contained a slideshow with pictures of the students using their new gadgets. In my comment I said how lucky they were to receive such a wonderful gift and how wonderful it was for them to be learning about the different technology that we have in the world today.
       The last blog that I commented on was called "Izzy's Blog." In her post titled "Weekly Challenge" she wrote about one place in the world that she would like to visit, Hawaii. She said that ever since her parents told her about their trip there she has wanted to go also. The beautiful beaches, the ability to surf, and visiting Pearl Harbor were some of the reasons that she gave for wanting to go there. In my comment I told her that I would also like to visit Hawaii for many of the same reasons. For one, learning to surf is one thing that I would love to do before I die!
       I look forward to commenting on more blogs in the future. It has been one thing, among many others, that I have enjoyed doing in EDM 310.

1 comment:

  1. " by a child names Adam" named not names

    I am delighted that you like C4Ks. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find your comments useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete