Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Assignment # 4

Podcast Symbol

1.       The Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog  


     After listening to the Eagles' Nest Radio Episode #3: Roamin' with the Ancient Romans, I learned so much about Ancient Rome. They were so organized with their information. The enthusiasm and excitement in all of their voices made me want to listen to more of their episodes. Using the students to record the podcast, I'm sure makes learning about the different topics so much more interesting than just reading a book. The music that accompanied their voices made it to where there were no dull moments throughout the entire podcast. I will definitely keep that in mind while doing my podcast!



     This shows how podcasting and vodcasting in the classroom can further enhance the students' learning experience. There are many benefits that come along with podcasting in the classroom. For example, a podcast could be used as a review for an upcoming test, especially if a student were to miss class before the test they would have the opportunity to listen to the podcast which would help them to better understand the information that they had missed. I really liked how the social studies teacher in the video used his podcast by incorporating other teachers and students to be the characters which made the lessons much more interesting.
     Podcasting in the classroom is such a great idea and I will definitely incorporate this into my future classes. I think that if my past teachers used podcasts it would have made learning so much more engaging and fun!

3.     Langwitches
     
     In 1st Graders Create Their Own Read-Along Audiobook, it shows how a podcast can be accompanied by a audiobook, this allows for the student to read as well as listen to the information given or in this case the book that they were reading. I found this to be very informative and helpful. When I was in elementary and middle school, comprehension was a big problem for me, but when we had the audio to go along with the readings I always did so much better on the activities or quizes that followed. When doing my group podcast, I will definitely keep this in mind and try and incorporate it into our project.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you will be a podcasting teacher. Thorough. Thoughtful. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done much podcasting in the classroom yet. I love hearing how others use this tool though. It gives me some good ideas to try out as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Aviva

    ReplyDelete